Bonne Maman have been a household favourite for quite a few years now. From their conserves to their marmalades, cakes and biscuits they’re simply iconic. The secret to their success? Their time honoured, traditional ingredients.
I met with Bonne Maman at a Christmas in July event I went to earlier this year and was introduced to two of my new favourite things; hazelnut praline caramel and salted caramel spreads. They are completely and utterly divine! Not only that but Bonne Maman have put both of these together in a ‘Caramels Gift Box’ along with a seasonal cookbook that I can’t get enough of. It’s an incredible mix of recipes suited to all seasons and is so inspiring if you’re wondering what to bake up.
Not only are there recipes but there are also crafts to help bring a touch of French chic to your home (there are lots of ways on how to reuse the Bonne Maman jars!).
I decided to take the Salted Caramel spread and come up with this superbly simple yet seriously sensational white chocolate cheesecake. It’s definitely an Autumn showstopper and one you might want to make over Christmas if a pudding isn’t your thing!
No Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake With Marbled Salted Caramel
- 110g Bonne Maman Salted Caramel Spread
- 500g digestive biscuits
- Appx 4-5 knobs of butter
- 600g good quality white chocolate
- 300ml double cream
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 300g Philadelphia spread (original)
- Ground the biscuits down to a fine crumb (I use a food processor) or you can use a good old sandwich bag, tea towel and rolling pin.
- Add the butter and mix until it starts to stick together.
- Put the crumb mixture into a tin (preferably one where the bottom can be removed, or the side can be taken off) and press until flat, firm and compact. Set in fridge for one hour.
- Melt your chocolate, either in homemade bain marie style or in the microwave (I use microwave because it’s quicker and easier). Stir until fully melted. If you are doing it in the microwave be sure to do it in small increments so as not to burn the chocolate.
- While the chocolate is cooling down, in a separate bowl, whisk the mascarpone and Philadelphia together. Add double cream and continue to whisk. Once well combined pour in your chocolate. If the chocolate is still a bit too warm the mixture may look as though it’s curdling – if this is the case, continue to whisk until it comes together and is creamy.
- Take the biscuit base out of the fridge. Pour your chocolate and cream mixture over the biscuit base and spread evenly.
- Spoon your salted caramel spread in different directions over the cheesecake. Use a chopstick, a skewer or the handle of some cutlery to pull the caramel into the chocolate and cream mixture to give it a marble effect.
- Place in the fridge, preferably overnight, to set. Remove from the tin and decorate however you’d like.
The Bonne Maman Caramels Gift Box
The seasonal cookbook and jars of spread come beautifully presented in this lovely gift box. It’s the perfect present for anyone who likes any kind of cooking or food. The spreads are supremely smooth and taste so, so good. I particularly enjoyed having them on warm crumpets and croissants in the morning. They’re also insanely lovely dripped over ice cream.
Fancy winning this handsome little set in time for Christmas? Then go ahead and enter the below giveaway!
Terms and Conditions
- This competition will open on 3rd November and will close on 8th December at 11.59pm
- One winner will be selected at random
- One winner will receive ONE ‘Bonne Maman Caramels Gift Box’
- You must be a UK resident aged 18 or over
- No cash alternative will be offered
- The winners will be announced on Raising the Rings social media outlets, not the blog and will be contacted by email
- The winner will have 28 days to respond to their winner’s email
- You must enter using AT LEAST one of the entry methods in the Rafflecopter widget above, they are not all mandatory
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery
*I received a gift box in return for this feature. All views and opinions are my own.