As a kid I remember playing charades with people, especially at Christmas time. Looking back I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, I didn’t know all the ‘real’ actions and I never had a board game or cards to go by; they were always made up but everyone always worked out what it was… eventually.
Charades is an incredibly old game and I’m sure it will outlive all of us for a long time to come yet. But the problem with games is they tend to lose popularity if they don’t have that kind of ‘staple’ attraction. So how do you work it into this generation, and the next, without it being lost on people completely? Turn it into something people will undoubtedly love, of course.
‘Who’s The Dude?’ is an incredibly clever, and funny, twist on the classic game of charades.
‘Who’s The Dude?’ Basic Concept
The idea is that you’ll be playing charades but with a little bit of help. The ‘dude’, as it happens, is a full on, 4ft 11inch inflatable. Yes, that’s right. You have to use him to help act out all kinds of things in this super cool game – what a dynamic duo you’ll become!
Simple To Play
- First things first you’ll need to inflate your dude – I can recommend an electric pump if you’ve got one otherwise it might take both of you to get him just right. Make sure you can bend his arms and legs!
- Take a score sheet, write down all the players’ names and familiarise yourself with the way points are awarded.
- There are 110 charade cards, each with four actions (two on each side) – just read out the underlined sentence to those trying to guess and act out, silently, what’s on the card. You’ve got 45 seconds to get through as many as you can, only moving on to the next one once someone has guessed correctly what you’re doing. Time your 45 seconds using the ‘Dude’ app; there’s also some fun extras to check out. Swap the person doing the acting.
- Play four rounds and the person with the most points wins.
Alternatively, you could choose to do this in teams if you wanted to – two heads are better than one, after all!
Thoughts On ‘Who’s The Dude?’
I really, really enjoyed this game! I think the idea is great and it’ll make a great game at social and family gatherings – especially Christmas. We’re planning on taking this away with us to Center Parcs when we go later this year for some of our evening entertainment.
Once you’ve mastered performing with your dude, it gets much easier, though I’m sure it’ll become much more challenging after a drink, or two! What are you waiting for? Go and get it ready for the darker nights – it’s a great way to spend your evening. If you’d like more info on this game, or on any other Drumond Park game and want to find a stockist near you head over to Drumond Park now – their blog is worth a read too!
If you fancy your chances of winning, you could always enter the giveaway below to win your very own ‘Who’s The Dude?’ game! Good luck.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition will open on 4th November and will close on 19th November at 11.59pm
- One winner will be selected at random
- One winner will receive ONE game of ‘Who’s The Dude?’ worth £24.99
- You must be a UK resident aged 18 or over
- No cash alternative will be offered
- The winners will be announced on Raising the Rings social media outlets, not the blog and will be contacted by email
- The winner will have 28 days to respond to their winner’s email
- You must enter using AT LEAST one of the entry methods in the Rafflecopter widget above, they are not all mandatory
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery
* I received this game in return for a review, all views and opinions are my own.