Christmas is one of my favourite times of year, I’ve made no secret of that, but I think the biggest thing that makes it as special as it is for me is family and that’s become even more apparent since having my own children. As they’re getting older we’re creating our own traditions as well as adopting some older ones and one thing I’ve had, probably every year since I was born, is an advent calendar.
Over the years advent calendars have become somewhat chocolate focused although this year seems to be a big turning point in terms of what you’ll find behind your cardboard door. Not only that, we seem to be moving away from typical perforated paper doors to things that are a lot more modern. One example of this would be a DIY ‘family’ advent like this one from Clouds and Currents.
Clouds and Currents Personalised Advent Calendar
This Clouds and Currents personalised advent calendar, complete with your family name or child’s name, is perfect for creating something really special every year. Each hanger is made with coloured acrylic (easy to match your colour scheme) or birch wood and is hung with black satin ribbon.
This hanger has a Christmas tree design which runs along the top but there’s also the option of a Christmas skyline or holly leaves and berries. There are 24 holes which run along the bottom which are perfect for looping on cotton bags.
It’s incredibly light and versatile and I can’t wait to style it on my fireplace properly with all the trimmings!
Ideas For Filling Your Advent Calendar
There are loads of ways you could fill your advent this year. Here are my top 5 ideas if you fancy getting a little creative!
- Fill each one with a Christmas activity; e.g. drive around to see the lights, make Christmas cookies, write a letter to Father Christmas.
- Sample sized beauty products.
- Fill up a hamper and stick a raffle ticket on each item, place the second raffle ticket in your advent, what will you get today? This works great with books for the younger ones too!
- Pick a theme they love (Disney, Star Wars, Lego) and find small toys that fit the theme.
- You can’t go wrong with chocolates can you?
Get Your Own!
If you want to start off this year with a new family tradition then head over to Clouds and Currents to get your own personalised wooden advent calendar for £25. Use code ‘raisingtherings‘ for 10% off!
If you fancy your chances before then, you can enter the below giveaway to win your own! Good luck!
Terms and Conditions
- This competition will open on 3rd November and will close on 14th November at 11.59pm
- One winner will be selected at random
- One winner will receive ONE personalised wooden advent calendar
- You must be a UK resident aged 18 or over
- No cash alternative will be offered
- The winners will be announced on Raising the Rings social media outlets, not the blog and will be contacted by email
- The winner will have 28 days to respond to their winner’s email
- You must enter using AT LEAST one of the entry methods in the Rafflecopter widget above, they are not all mandatory
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery
*I received this product in return for this review. All views and opinions are my own.