Design And Drill Take-Along Toolkit
This super compact and portable play set is a great way to take learning on the go. There are 60 coloured bolts which each allow for three different screw bits (flat tip, Phillips, socket), an electronic screwdriver and an activity board which also doubles as the storage for everything and has a handle to carry it.
Toby, Teddy and I sat down to play with this and, at first, I just gave them total free reign over how they played with it. Normally if they get a new toy the last thing they want to do is be told how to play and what to do with it so it’s always good to let them explore first.
There were, obviously, quite a few arguments between the boys over who would have the screwdriver first and for how long and so we all then took it in turns, including me, to have a go at screwing the bolts down to the activity board.
Once the boys were familiar with the ‘Design and Drill’ Toby and I sat down and did a few different activities. We separated the bolts into colours, then we counted how many we had.
In the booklet that comes with the Design & Drill Toolkit there are 13 patterns to make and we did this together, as well as make our own too. We haven’t yet moved on to relative positions in terms of empty bolt holes but this is the next step when it comes to creating the patterns.
The screwdriver does require 3xAA batteries but it can be used like a normal screwdriver without the power if necessary. It doesn’t allow the bolts to be screwed in ridiculously tight which is perfect for the boys because it means they can get them in and out easily.
It’s the perfect rainy day toy and can be used to refine gross and motor skills, help with colour recognition, counting and creating patterns – the fun is endless and it’s less than £25!
Win In The Christmas Bonanza!
Terms and Conditions
- This competition will open on 12th November and will close on 8th December at 11.59pm
- One winner will be selected at random
- One winner will receive ONE ‘Design And Drill Take-Along Toolkit’
- You must be a UK resident aged 18 or over
- No cash alternative will be offered
- The winners will be announced on Raising the Rings social media outlets, not the blog and will be contacted by email
- The winner will have 28 days to respond to their winner’s email
- You must enter using AT LEAST one of the entry methods in the Rafflecopter widget above, they are not all mandatory
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery
*I received this product in return for this feature. All views and opinions are my own.